Pets and Security
Dogs are an excellent security, they will risk their lives to protect you and their love ones. Unfortunately the intruders that come inside your home already have their minds set on doing whatever it is that they planned to do, and they won't let anything stop them, not even your dog.
Your dog comes and barks at the stranger, maybe he even attacks him, what do you think the intruder would do? Intruders are prepared for these types of encounters, they can hurt your dog or even kill him, did you know that a can of oven cleaner will disable your dog? Now not only he will not be able to protect you, but he will be hurt or killed.
Some people think that improving your home security can be difficult if you own pets; that home security systems are unable to differentiate between a burglar and a cat trolling at 3 AM. But with our pet friendly Aurora-photo beam motion sensor, this is not an issue anymore; since it detects and ignores pets that weight less than 40 or 100 pounds.
Pets and Fire
If there is a fire in your home and you are not there to be able to get your pet out, they are not able to dial 911. But when United Protection Services fire alarm goes off, it will have the alarm system call the fire department and they will get to your home in a matter of minutes. They will be able to get your pet out, which for most people, pets are part of the family, and will not want anything bad to happen to them.
Our security systems in Pembroke Pines, West Palm Beach security alarm systems and the ADT home security systems in the surrounding areas of Broward County and Palm Beach County can make the difference when it comes to saving your beloved companions.
- Plan your family's (including your pet's) safe evacuation in advance.
- Remember your pet's usual hiding and sleeping places
- During a fire, they'll be terrified, and are likely to hide in their favorite retreats.
- If possible, escort your pets to safety on leashes, or in crates or cages.
- In an emergency, a cat can be safely carried inside a pillowcase.
- Obedience-trained dogs will be more likely to cooperate with their owner during and evacuation and ensuing chaos.
- Include some of your pets' food in your family's emergency kit.
- Include your Pet's health records in your family's emergency kit also, as a boarding kennel will require these documents.
- Always identify your pets with collars and current licence and vaccination tags (proper identification is crucial if pets and owners are separated during or after a fire.
- Make your animals to the veterinarian as soon as possible (pets suffer from serious smoke inhalation in a matter of seconds.